2017 Colorado Irish Festival
July 13-17, 2017
WELCOME AND THANK YOU
for volunteering for the 2017 Colorado Irish Festival!
It is volunteers like you who make this festival successful;
without your hard work and dedication there wouldn’t be a festival.
Why Volunteer at the Colorado Irish Festival?
Special Access to the event
Cool Event Volunteer T-Shirt
Snacks - yum!
Invitation to the Volunteer Appreciation Party after the event
Volunteer on Sunday and be a member of the exclusive "Sunday Last Call Club" and receive a special Sunday volunteer t-shirt!
Take a moment to read all of the information below to ensure that your volunteer experience will be a positive one.
***NOTE: The festival will be using food/beverage tickets once again this year.
If you volunteered last year, click the blue LOGIN button to enter your email address and password. If you have forgotten your password, click the blue LOGIN button and click the "forgot password" link on the bottom of the LOGIN page.
To volunteer, follow the simple EASY steps below:
1) You will first review and select the volunteer job opportunities that you will work.
2) You will then create a login account - with your name, contact info, etc. If you are a first time volunteer, please click the PURPLE button.
3) After you complete this two part process, you will receive email confirmations that we have received your volunteer selection info and name/contact info.
YOU WILL REGISTER FOR SHIFTS THAT YOU WILL ACTUALLY WORK. EACH AREA HAS LIMITED NUMBER OF POSITIONS AVAILABLE FOR EACH SHIFT.
WITH THIS ONLINE VOLUNTEER SYSTEM, WE DO NOT MAKE
ANY SHIFT ASSIGNMENTS, i.e. you pick and choose the shifts
you will work based on your schedule -
and the number of available positions and shifts at the time you register.
- Volunteers must be 16 years of age or older by the day of the event that you volunteer to work.
- Those volunteers younger than 18 years of age MUST have a parent or legal guardian complete the Parent Permission form (The form will be emailed to you. You must bring the signed form to check-in).
- Dress Code - Volunteers must wear the current Colorado Irish Festival volunteer t-shirt during their shifts. T-shirt will be provided at check-in at Volunteer headquarters. Volunteers under age 21 will receive a different color volunteer t-shirt. We kindly ask that you do not damage or destroy the integrity of the t-shirt.
- Only those volunteering will be allowed to partake in the refreshments, snacks and t-shirts available at Volunteer headquarters.
- Children, family members, friends and pets are NOT allowed to accompany the volunteer during any of their volunteer shifts.
- Arrival Time: The shift time that you sign up for is the time that you will be in your assigned position and working. Therefore you should plan to ARRIVE AT LEAST 15 MINUTES PRIOR TO YOUR SHIFT. Allow plenty of time to find parking and to arrive at Volunteer Headquarters to check-in.
- Check In: All volunteers must check in at Volunteer Headquarters to confirm your assignment and to receive your volunteer t-shirt. Approximately one week prior to the event, you will receive email instructions on parking, volunteer headquarter location and other important information to help make your volunteer experience a positive one.
- Code of Conduct: Treat everyone (festival patrons, sponsors and other volunteers) with courtesy and respect. Never discriminate age, gender or race. Remain calm and level-headed in all situations. If you encounter a problem, contact your team supervisor or other festival staff member. They are there to assist you! Remember, you are a representative of the festival!
- Shift Assignment: Every effort will be made to assign you to the area you selected. However, the Colorado Irish Festival reserves the right to reassign volunteers due to unexpected needs or shifts at the event. Thank you in advance for your understanding.
- Attendance: We depend on your commitment to participate. Your presence and prompt arrival for your scheduled shifts are absolutely necessary. When you volunteer, you commit to the selected shift(s) and the entire shift time. If you do not show up for your scheduled shift(s) and do not cancel in advance, you will not be invited to the Volunteer Appreciation Party after the event and will not be able to volunteer next year.
- Friday Night Volunteers: For those volunteers who work Friday night, you will receive a complimentary pass for Saturday or Sunday admission. Pass will be given to you at the end of your Friday night shift completion.
- Sunday Volunteers - Sunday is traditionally a difficult day to recruit volunteers for. This year, we are introducing the new "Last Call Club". If you volunteer on Sunday, you will receive a special Sunday "Last Call Club" volunteer t-shirt!
- Parking: Event parking is available at Columbine High School for $5.
- Shift Completion: At the end of your shift(s), if you have not been relieved, tell a supervisor or festival staff member and stay in your area until a replacement arrives.
- Shift Cancellation: All registered volunteers will be able to manage/update their volunteer assignments on this website. This includes shift additions and changes, cancellations, adding family/friends, etc. You will login to the account that you create and make those changes to your volunteer assignments.
- Weather: The Colorado Irish Festival will take place rain or shine. Please do not let any questionable weather stop you from coming and fulfilling your commitment - we still need our volunteers! Colorado weather can change quickly, so dress according to the weather forecast.
- Smile & Have Fun!!
The information obtained on this site will be used for the purposes of event coordination at the Colorado Irish Festival. We will not share, trade, sell or give access of your personal information to any other organization.